Q. After shaving, I had few red bumps and rashes around and between the anus. Why?

Dr. Srinivas Goud B
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Aug 19, 2019

I had shaved my pubes and hair between my anus two days ago. Few hours after shaving, I experienced severe itching, so I applied moisturizer and baby powder. But today I noticed a few red bumps and rashes around my penis and between my anus. Also, the skin on my balls has become dry and is peeling off. Please help.

Dr. Srinivas Goud B

Cosmetology Dermatology
#

Some skin types are sensitive to blades, and the reaction that you described looks like hypersensitivity of your skin to the blade. Also, it could be because of using an unclean blade. I suggest you use the Montair LC tablet Levocetirizine, Monteleukast) two times a day for three days for controlling the skin rash. Also from the next time consider using a trimmer instead of a blade. Please get back to me if you have more questions.

What can I possibly do to cure my constantly running nose?

Query: Hi doctor,I have had a constant runny and congested nose since three years. After years of trying anything possible and seeing several doctors, I was finally diagnosed with a severe dust allergy, as well as asthma by last year. At that¬†time I was pregnant, so I could not be prescribed any medicatio...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Allergy and asthma belong to airway hyper-reactive disorders are inter-related. The two are hypersensitivity reactions and are genetically determined. A permanent cure for allergy remained evasive for a long time, but now with the advent of immunotherapy, a tr...  Read Full

Why am I having cold draining nose and body pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a cold draining nose and body pain. Please help.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have rhinitis as per history. I suggest you taking Levocetirizine 5 mg OD for five days which is decongestant. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg BD for five days. If fever is also there, then take Paracetamol 500 mg SOS. You can take steam inhalation of warm wa...  Read Full

What can cause swollen and red urethral opening ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old uncircumcised male. My condition is not disturbing my life, but for the sake of clarity, it would be nice to consult for a primary opinion on whether it is necessary to physically visit a urologist. I had a minor yeast infection a few months back. While clearing them of...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivekanandan G
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com, I think the red line you are referring to is nothing but frenulum. It is a normal structure and since you do not have any symptoms attributable to it, I really do not think that you need to see a urologist in person. It would add better clarity, if you can attach a phot...  Read Full