Q. What causes blister with itchy pain at the tip of penis?

Dr. Kakkar
Published on Nov 30, 2019

5 or 6 days ago, I slept all through the night wearing only a boxer. The next day, I noticed a slight itchy pain closely at the tip of head of my penis. The next day, I saw a dotted blister at same spot where I noticed the slight itchy pain. At first, I thought it was the work of an electric ant, because presently at the area where I live, there are electric ants. So, I decided to use antibiotics. But the blister is now spreading, getting to my penis mouth hole.

After a week I went for a medical checkup and when the result came out, I was tested negative for some STDs. The doctor told me it is an infection from bad toilet and water. He prescribed Aciclovir tablet 400 mg, Aciclovir cream and Piriton tablets. Now I am almost done with the drugs, yet injuries have not healed. Two days ago from now another small red blister came out. I am scared and worried. What could this be? STD? If not, what could it be? No painful urination, no serious itching scratch, no serious pain. Age: 21, gender: male.

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

Looking at the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I am of the opinion that it is genital herpes. I suggest you to retest for herpes after four weeks as testing too early after infection may yield a false negative result. I can see multiple erosions on glans penis in these images. That is how genital herpes usually presents. There is some bacterial superinfection as well as the floor of erosions looks dirty, yellowish. I suggest you to take oral Valacyclovir 500 mg, twice daily for 5 days. In addition I suggest you to use a topical antibacterial like 2 % Mupirocin ointment, twice daily.

What could be the reason for itching, burning sensation and rashes in groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old male. I am having an issue in my groin area. My symptoms are itching, rashes, and burning sensation on inner thighs. I used Itch guard. Please suggest.  Read Full »

What can cause swollen and red urethral opening ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old uncircumcised male. My condition is not disturbing my life, but for the sake of clarity, it would be nice to consult for a primary opinion on whether it is necessary to physically visit a urologist. I had a minor yeast infection a few months back. While clearing them of...  Read Full »

I have red bumps on penis after sex. Is it candidiasis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I am 67 kg and 169 cm. I am half black with kind of light skin. Although I have my fiancee, I masturbate a lot before and sometimes I damage my skin under the gland. I can mention maybe since a year or so. I always associate because, in the new place where I live...  Read Full »