Red Spot In Eye

What causes a sudden blood clot to appear around the eyeball?

Query: Hi doctor, Suddenly, I got a blood clot around my right eyeball. But I am unable to figure out the cause. I went to the hospital today. Due to strict protocols, I am unable to consult the doctor. Please give some advice. How to cure the condition? The red thing in my eyes was on the right corner bu...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the description, it seems like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur due to trauma, high blood pressure, intake of blood thinners, and due to increased bleeding and clotting time. You have not mentioned your age and please mention whether you are takin...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for red spots in the eyes with itching and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister, 28 years old, has developed a couple of red color spots on the left eye with itching, irritation, and watering of eyes. There is no history of trauma, foreign body, photophobia. Please guide us on what is to be done.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you sent, it is a bit blurry, but it looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in the following scenarios: If she inadvertently injured the eye in her sleep. If...  Read Full »

Why is there a red spot on my eye which is spreading?

Query: Hi doctor, My eye has a red spot, and it is spreading. There is no pain now, but when I put rose water-soaked cotton, it feels tired.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you sent, and it looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in the following scenarios: If you inadvertently injured your eye in your sleep. If you suffer...  Read Full »

Can dry eyes result from excessive computer use?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using artificial tear drops during the day and an artificial tear gel in the night before going to bed for dry eyes. In most of the days, I feel a lot better, however, one day or another I have the same symptoms or watery eyes and redness and minor blurred vision. This happens with...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very good to know that you have improved drastically. Yes, continuous computer use can cause dry eyes, redness and irritation. Yes, higher power on left eye can add to your problems. It can be due to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading. Ju...  Read Full »

After an eye injury, what are the reasons for developing a red spot?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband's eye got hurt with my finger accidentally. Now his eye hurts and can barely open. There is a red spot on the white area of his eye. What do we do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your finger might have hit the eyeball blood vessels. These vessels can bleed due to trauma and can cause a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bleeding behind the conjunctiva thereby causing a red eye). This does not cause any major problems and resolves on its own in a week. Ot...  Read Full »

I have blurred vision due to blood clot in my right eye. Is it something serious?

Query: Hi doctor, When I woke up suddenly yesterday, I saw a spiral black cloud in my right eye. I can see through the cloud hazily and there is no pain. When I consulted my doctor, he said that I have a blood clot. Is it something serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your condition is vitreous hemorrhage. It is seen commonly in uncontrolled diabetes and diabetic retinopathy. If it is small, it will resolve on its own. You can wait and watch. If it is large and not resolving, it needs to be surgically removed. Other option...  Read Full »

I have a yellowish bump in the conjunctiva and redness around it. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a yellowish bump on the conjunctiva, near my cornea in the left eye. After waking, both eyes are red, especially around the bump. Also, it seems that in both my eyes, towards the nose a brown margin emerges from the limbus. What treatment do you recommend for that?  Read Full »

Dr. Sankaran Mathangee

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information provided, it looks like a pinguecula (occurs most commonly in people working in the sun, or in dry, hot weather conditions). It is harmless and sometimes can be inflamed leading to pain and redness (rarely occurs). I would suggest you use lubric...  Read Full »