Red Spot In Eye

What could be the reason for red spots in the eyes with itching and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, My sister, 28 years old, has developed a couple of red color spots on the left eye with itching, irritation, and watering of eyes. There is no history of trauma, foreign body, photophobia. Please guide us on what is to be done.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you sent, it is a bit blurry, but it looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in the following scenarios: If she inadvertently injured the eye in her sleep. If...  Read Full »

Why is there a red spot on my eye which is spreading?

Query: Hi doctor, My eye has a red spot, and it is spreading. There is no pain now, but when I put rose water-soaked cotton, it feels tired.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity) you sent, and it looks like a subconjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur in the following scenarios: If you inadvertently injured your eye in your sleep. If you suffer...  Read Full »

What causes a sudden blood clot to appear around the eyeball?

Query: I suddenly had a blood clot around my right eyeball but I can't figure out where did I possibly get it or what actually happened. I went to the hospital today but due to strict security protocols, I have to buy the doctor's PPE and other safety equipment and that can't be covered by my health card....  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, According to your description it sounds like a sub conjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur due to trauma, if blood pressure is high, if you're on blood thinners, your bleeding and clotting time is increased or for no reason at all. Your data doesn't mention your age or if you are on any medicat...  Read Full »

Can dry eyes result from excessive computer use?

Query: Hi doctor, I am using artificial tear drops during the day and an artificial tear gel in the night before going to bed for dry eyes. In most of the days, I feel a lot better, however, one day or another I have the same symptoms or watery eyes and redness and minor blurred vision. This happens with...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very good to know that you have improved drastically. Yes, continuous computer use can cause dry eyes, redness and irritation. Yes, higher power on left eye can add to your problems. It can be due to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading. Ju...  Read Full »

After an eye injury, what are the reasons for developing a red spot?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband's eye got hurt with my finger accidentally. Now his eye hurts and can barely open. There is a red spot on the white area of his eye. What do we do? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your finger might have hit the eyeball blood vessels. These vessels can bleed due to trauma and can cause a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bleeding behind the conjunctiva thereby causing a red eye). This does not cause any major problems and resolves on its own in a week. Ot...  Read Full »

I have blurred vision due to blood clot in my right eye. Is it something serious?

Query: Hi doctor, When I woke up suddenly yesterday, I saw a spiral black cloud in my right eye. I can see through the cloud hazily and there is no pain. When I consulted my doctor, he said that I have a blood clot. Is it something serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your condition is vitreous hemorrhage. It is seen commonly in uncontrolled diabetes and diabetic retinopathy. If it is small, it will resolve on its own. You can wait and watch. If it is large and not resolving, it needs to be surgically removed. Other option...  Read Full »

Noticed a broken blood vessel in my baby's eye. Should I check out immediately?

Query: Hello doctor,My son is 10 weeks old. Today I have noticed that he suddenly got a broken blood vessel in his right eye. It never happened before. He did cry and possibly scratched his eye right before it appeared. But, he did these things on multiple other occasions as well and never had a broken ves...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do not worry. It is something that will heal. Here are a few points that I would like to mention. Various covering membranes of the eye in children below the age of 6 months are weak, but the best part is that if they are damaged, they heal quickly as the child is rapi...  Read Full »

I have a yellowish bump in the conjunctiva and redness around it. What do you suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, There is a yellowish bump on the conjunctiva, near my cornea in the left eye. After waking, both eyes are red, especially around the bump. Also, it seems that in both my eyes, towards the nose a brown margin emerges from the limbus. What treatment do you recommend for that?  Read Full »

Dr. Sankaran Mathangee

Eye Care Ophthalmologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information provided, it looks like a pinguecula (occurs most commonly in people working in the sun, or in dry, hot weather conditions). It is harmless and sometimes can be inflamed leading to pain and redness (rarely occurs). I would suggest you use lubric...  Read Full »