Q. There is a red spot on the white area of my husband's eye. What do we do?

Dr. Anand
Published on Mar 06, 2015 and last reviewed on: May 10, 2019

My husband's eye got hurt with my finger accidentally. Now his eye hurts and can barely open. There is a red spot on the white area of his eye. What do we do? Please help.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Your finger might have hit the eyeball blood vessels. These vessels can bleed due to trauma and can cause a subconjunctival hemorrhage (bleeding behind the conjunctiva thereby causing a red eye). This does not cause any major problems and resolves on its own in a week.

Other possibilities for not opening the eye can be an injury to the cornea, which can have an epithelial defect. This causes a lot of pain and watering, and he may not be able to open his eyes due to pain. For this, he has to use antibiotic eye drops, and artificial tear drops to prevent infection and pain. There can be a possibility of orbital edema which can also cause difficulty in opening eyes. This will resolve in a week; just give cold compress.

Please attach pictures of the affected eye for a detailed evaluation and diagnosis.

Why do my eyes itch?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision gets blurry, especially when I look at green lights at night. I wake up with a blurry vision every day. And at times, my eyes pain and itch. Please help me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Dada Peer K
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blurring of vision at night and morning may be because of refractive error. This requires evaluation by an ophthalmologist. The itching in the eye can be due to allergic conjunctivitis. I suggest you try using anti-allergic eye drops.  Read Full

I have repeated episodes of sore throat. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. I have been suffering from repeated episodes of a sore throat that includes nasal obstruction and pain in the throat. I was diagnosed by the treating doctor to have a DNS for left (on the basis of a CT scan) and now granular pharyngitis has been added. The f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please share your CT scan reports here? If you have sinusitis, you will have a recurrent throat infection. Do you have symptoms of allergy like excessive sneezing, watering of eyes or itching of the throat? Do you have excessive acidity or do you smoke ...  Read Full

Does brain tumor cause headaches and dizziness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having headaches and dizziness for five days. The headache is around my forehead and behind my eyes. I am 30 years old. My aunt has a brain tumor. I am wondering if my headache can be a tumor as well.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that we need to think the common causes of a headache before jumping to serious and uncommon causes. There is saying that if you think of rare causes for the symptoms of the patient you ar...  Read Full