Q. Can intercourse during the last day of menstruation cause red spots on the penis?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I noticed red spots on my penis head two weeks ago. I assume that it is some reaction after sex. During intercourse, my wife was at the end of her menstruation, and there was some blood left. My red spots appeared only after sex. They do not itch or have any other symptoms, but they are not subsiding even after two weeks.

Previously I had a problem with a yeast infection, so I tried to treat it with Clotrimazole gel, but now, there is no change after four days of using it.

Kindly help.

#

The red spots seem to be normal. There is no need to worry as long as they do not pain, itch, and not raised above the skin. It would help if you sent a picture.

Thank you for the reply.

I had never had anything like this before. So, I am concerned a little. I have attached two images. I ignored it and had intercourse several times with my wife. It seems like intercourse triggers the lesion. Since after every time there was little blood but it was not from her. When I cleaned my penis after sex, it had some irritation on the penis head. But, during sex, I did not feel anything unusual, like tingling or itching.

Is there any medicine that I can take for this?

Thanks.

#

I saw the pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). The redness seems to be ulcers which is caused by friction, allergy caused by irritating lubricant, soap, or latex which is on condom, or a STD (sexually transmitted disease). Kidnly avoid sexual intercourse or masterbation for at least two weeks.Kindly do the following tests; 1) Blood syphilis. 2) Blood HSV (herpes simplex virus). 3) HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). 4) Hepatitis B And C.

|