Q. I have redness on penis without pain or itch. Is this due to unprotected sex?

Dr. Meha Malhotra

I have a symptom of redness on my penis and with no pain and itchiness on it for the past one day. Can you please suggest me something? I had unprotected sex due to condom break two weeks back with an unknown person for that I am taking Tavin-EM and Instgra medicine now for 28 days as prescribed by the doctor.

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I could not get the contents of the medication prescribed to you. Could you send the same with details I would be able to comment on the issue.

Secondly, get a forth generation ELISA test done for HIV 1 and 2 six weeks and repeat the test at three months from the date of exposure along with HbsAg and VDRL tests.

Lastly, is there any swelling in the groin region or any foul smelling or milky discharge from the penile tip.

| 

There are no swelling in the area and no discharge is coming from the tip and I applied a cream named Candid B yesterday, it got reduced but not sure if it is gone permanently.

The name of the two medicines are Tavin-EM and Instgra 50. The doctor told me that this would give me 100% protection as I took it within 30 hours of exposure. Can you please tell me if these tests are to be done now?

Dr. Meha Malhotra

#

Please stop using Candid B cream instead you can apply Onabet cream twice a day for three days and then send follow up photos. Your doctor was not wrong in his advice but I always prefer tests to be done in such cases to prevent even that tiny bit of doubt.

| 

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »

Why am I experiencing pregnancy symptoms, three years after placing a contraceptive implant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old female, who has a 2 years old son. After he was born, I got a contraceptive implant. At first, the bleeding was not stopping, so the doctor made me take contraceptive pills, which helped stop the bleeding. The bleeding stopped for eight months, then when I started get...  Read Full »

Can unprotected sex on third day of period cause pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I and my fiancee had unprotected sex on the third day of her period. I did not ejaculate inside her. And she also has the history of an irregular period but from the past three months, she is getting her regular period. I just want to know what are the chances of pregnancy.  Read Full »

Ask a Venereologist Now