FCPS DERMATOLOGY ., MBBS
Welcome to icliniq.com.
According to your description, it can be a bacterial infection (other than STD as tests are negative). An infection acquired through gastrointestinal tract can present like this. The antibiotic course was done for diarrhea or not?
Yes, the skin of the scrotum is very red and inflamed (attachment removed to protect patient identity). And indeed requires the antibiotic course for it. Kindly follow this prescription.
1. Tablet Co-Amoxiclav 1 gm BD for one week.
2. Tablet Metronidazole 400 mg TDS for one week.
3. Apply Fusidic Acid ointment BD over the area.
4. Apply Vaseline (Petroleum Jelly) three times.
5. Maintain hygiene of the area.
6. Wash with mild soap and water.
7. Avoid irritants over the area.