Q. What is causing the redness and white spot on the penis?

I have redness on my penis when I pull my foreskin down. And there is one white spot too. Can you suggest why? And I am on holiday. I have not had any unprotected sex, nor do I have diabetes. I am physically active. I had covid two months ago and was administered Augmentin 625 mg. This happened after my covid infection, and it must be there for two weeks. I had redness pre covid for which I did not pay attention. I noticed itching in the area two days back.

#

Please answer the following to know more.

1. Is there any history of high-risk sex in recent or in the past? This is really important in making the diagnosis.

2. Is there any history of visiting massage parlors?

3. Is there any discharge from the penis or pain?

4. Do you have any fever?

5. Have you taken any treatment?

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply.

I have no history at all, no massages or unprotected sex, and no discharge from the penis or pain as of now.

#

Since there is no history of any high-risk intercourse, we are ruling out common sexually transmitted infections (STDs).

Now coming to possibilities, the first possible reason for a male of your age is zoon's balanitis. This is not a severe condition and can be treated with proper consultation with a dermatologist. Antibiotic creams are given for about five to seven days and show marked results.

Another possibility is erythroplasia of Queyrat, for which a physical examination is needed. This is a condition that is not very common, and the chances that you have it are rare. But it should be ruled out. You should visit a dermatologist for evaluation of this lesion. I am having difficulty making diagnoses based on the pictures (attachment removed to protect the patient's privacy) and history.

Annular psoriasis is another possible reason. But for making a diagnosis, you should visit a dermatologist in person if possible. If you are returning in some days, you can wait. If you have mild antibiotic cream, you can apply it over the part. Mild antibiotic creams like Fusidic acid you can find in pharmacies or supermarkets too.

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply.

I am applying Canesten plus, which is anti fungal and anti-inflammatory cream (Clotrimazole 10 mg/g and Hydrocortisone acetate 11.2 mg/g). Do I need to take an antibiotic? If yes, then I need to go to a GP to show myself. I am back only at the end of this month.

#

The infection seems to be cleared. But I suggest you continue applying the cream until you see a dermatologist.

I do not think there is a need to take oral antibiotics. Do not apply hard soaps over the tip of the penis. Do not scratch the part too.

|