Q. Are my fourth-generation HIV tests accurate and conclusive even if I had red spots in my private parts?

Dr. Sushma Shah

I had unprotected sex with a massage lady three times; I did not know her health status. After four weeks, I had symptoms like fatigue and loose bowels for the last two weeks, so I took a fourth generation HIV test last month after four weeks of exposure and an RNA test six weeks after my last exposure; they were negative. After that, I still have some little red dots on my genitals, which are itchy. Six days ago, I also took another fourth generation test; the next day, my results came negative; I still worry, so are my results conclusive? Am I safe?

#

There is high-risk exposure. But negative tests are conclusive, and their accuracy is 99.6 - 99.9 %. For the red itchy spot, I would suggest apply Clotrimazole ointment and Betnovate (Betamethasone) ointment in 1:1 ratio. Mix on palm and apply after gentle cleaning of glance with soap and water twice a day. Take tablet Levocetirizine once at night. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medicines with their consent. Everything will be fine, but next time is protected. They are only minor symptoms and from next time onwards, be careful.

Thank you for reminding me. Am I safe now according to my results because I do not want to implicate my family, I do not want to be sick, and do I need to retest for definitive results?

#

You are safe, no problem. But from now onwards, be protected. All tests are 99.9 % accurate. So you have no problem. You do not need any further test. No need to worry, just relax.

|