Q. My 4-year-old daughter has redness in eyes which aggravates on rubbing the eyes. Please help.

Dr. Shikha

My 4-year-old daughter is having redness in eyes. We consulted her pediatrician and he advised Moxicip and Mezol eye drops for five days but the redness has not gone away but it is reduced.

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

For how many days you have used these drops? Is she having itching also? Any symptoms like running nose, cough, or fever? Is there problem in only one eye or both eyes?

| 

Yes, she has little itching and it started in the right eye but now it is in both eyes. Being a kid she keeps on rubbing her eyes, when she wakes up it is more red and after doing some ice compress the redness has reduced.

Dr. Shikha

#

Stop using Moxifloxacin eye drops. She is having conjunctivitis. Start using Lubistar 0.5% (Carboxymethylcellulose) eye drops 1 hourly. One drop in both eyes (12 times in a day with one hour interval) for one week.

After one week you can reduce it to 2 hourly for one week. Especially before sleeping do cold compresses. Avoid rubbing of eyes otherwise, it may cause abrasions, pain, ulcers, or decrease of vision. Do repeated hand wash. Do not allow the kid to touch the eyes as much as possible.

| 

I have dryness of eyes and mouth after taking antibiotics. Is it Sjogren's syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor,After a course of antibiotics, I have developed severe dry eyes, dry mouth, and photosensitivity. No tears are coming from my eyes. I think I have developed Sjogren's syndrome. Is there any treatment for Sjogren's? I am wating for the test. The antibiotics are long gone, but all the thi...  Read Full »

I got conjunctivitis 7 days back.I had red eye with eyelid swelling.Now redness is gone but blurring is present.What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling.  I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours. Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone...  Read Full »

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full »