Q. Please suggest treatment for eye redness and pain.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

My left eyes touched the wall and became red and when trying to close the eyes, I feel a little pain in the left corner of the eye. Please advise me what kind of medicine I can take now.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I understand your concern. I advise you again wash your eyes in running water for around 15 to 20 minutes. Over-the-counter medication which can be used is 0.5 % Carboxymethylcellulose acetate (refresh tears eyedrops). I advise you to visit an ophthalmologist if you develop

1. Drop in vision.

2. Pain and watering.

3. Not responding or becoming worse.

| 

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full »

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »

Why does my have wife have headaches near the left ear?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedti...  Read Full »