Q. Please suggest treatment for eye redness and pain.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan
Published on Apr 05, 2019

My left eyes touched the wall and became red and when trying to close the eyes, I feel a little pain in the left corner of the eye. Please advise me what kind of medicine I can take now.

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I understand your concern. I advise you again wash your eyes in running water for around 15 to 20 minutes. Over-the-counter medication which can be used is 0.5 % Carboxymethylcellulose acetate (refresh tears eyedrops). I advise you to visit an ophthalmologist if you develop

1. Drop in vision.

2. Pain and watering.

3. Not responding or becoming worse.

I have headaches, eye pain and vomiting. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old female. I have a cluster head ache for the past five years. I feel severe pain behind my eye, which normally ends with vomiting. This happens for three to four days at a stretch. I do not want to undergo any surgery immediately. Hence, kindly advise me medications t...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I want to inform you that a cluster headache is a type of a migraine and it needs to be managed like one. The guidelines suggest that if you have two or more days lost in a month due to a headache, the prop...  Read Full

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full >>

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details about your problem. Since when you started to have this problem? Did it start immediately after the accident? Or it started after some gap? In which part of the head do you have headaches mostly? Is it only behind the eyes? What...  Read Full

My wife has peculiar headache near left ear. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 35 years old. She is 5 feet and weighs 50 kg. She is having a peculiar pain for the past six to eight months. The pain is located just above the left ear and 2 cm beside the left eye. Earlier, the pain use to occur once in one to two months. Usual timing for this pain is bedt...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lalit Bansal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Headache which you have described could be migraines. I would need to know answer of few questions which would help me in getting to the right diagnosis. Any history of headache (HA) in your wife's family or your children? How does the headache feel - throbbing, pulsati...  Read Full