Q. What are the ways to manage swollen eyelids and red eyes?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

I have had swollen eyelids and red eyes for around 2 months. I have used two courses of Chloramphenicol drops, then an ointment and have been using Sodium Cromoglicate. They still have not improved. Do I need to see an eye doctor?

#

Hello

I should see your eye first after then I can guide you or I can prescribe you medicine for your condition. So kindly attach your eye photo here I will see it and let you know about your condition.

They have looked much worse and more red than this. They are not as bad this morning. I have a very gritty sensation, I have washed my eyes out with an eye bath and it does not help.

#

Yes, there is redness in your both eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We should change your treatment because it is not improving. You should use Moxifloxacine eye drops 6 times a day for 1 week and Azithromycin eye ointment at night time only for a week. Along with this you should do cool compression with ice or ice pack whichever is available for you. That you should use 3 times minimum in a day. So your congestion will be relived and you will be completely fine. Do not worry. Just give me follow up after 5 days regarding your symptoms.

| 

Please suggest a possible diagnosis for lower and upper back pain.

Query: Hello doctor, For the last two years, I have back pain in the upper and lower region. I am uploading here with my reports for your reference. Please suggest diagnosis and medicines to cure this disease.  Read Full »

I got conjunctivitis 7 days back.I had red eye with eyelid swelling.Now redness is gone but blurring is present.What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling.  I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours. Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone...  Read Full »

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»