Q. What are the ways to manage swollen eyelids and red eyes?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

I have had swollen eyelids and red eyes for around 2 months. I have used two courses of Chloramphenicol drops, then an ointment and have been using Sodium Cromoglicate. They still have not improved. Do I need to see an eye doctor?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Hello

I should see your eye first after then I can guide you or I can prescribe you medicine for your condition. So kindly attach your eye photo here I will see it and let you know about your condition.

| 

They have looked much worse and more red than this. They are not as bad this morning. I have a very gritty sensation, I have washed my eyes out with an eye bath and it does not help.

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Yes, there is redness in your both eyes (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We should change your treatment because it is not improving. You should use Moxifloxacine eye drops 6 times a day for 1 week and Azithromycin eye ointment at night time only for a week. Along with this you should do cool compression with ice or ice pack whichever is available for you. That you should use 3 times minimum in a day. So your congestion will be relived and you will be completely fine. Do not worry. Just give me follow up after 5 days regarding your symptoms.

|