Q. My face looks red even when I am not exposed to bright sun. Why?

Dr. Alka

Whenever I am outside of home my face is looking red and many people asks me that why your face looks red. Please suggest me what should I do for it? Even in the evening, I mean without in sun rays it also looks red. I am a 20-year-old male.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query. There might be many reasons for turning your skin red while going outside. Most common reasons may include that your skin is very sensitive and whenever you go outside your skin is not able to tolerate the external heat and produces heat stress to your skin and skin turns red. To avoid this condition drink lots of water and keep your skin hydrated. This will help you to avoid this problem up to some extent.

During the daytime, it might be due to UV (ultraviolet) rays of the sun. It does not matter whether it is a sunny day or cloudy day the UV rays reach the earth and have effects on your skin. This might be one of the reasons behind red skin. So apply sunscreen lotion while going outside whether it is sun or clouds. You can choose any sunscreen lotion of any reputed brand. Apply half an hour ago while going outside.

If only sensitive skin is the reason behind your redness then you can also apply aloe vera gel twice a day. It is very helpful for sensitive skin and helps a lot with your problem. If it is stress or anxiety induced redness then try to keep calm your mind and body and sleep adequately. Eat fresh fruits and vegetables, it will help to keep hour skin hydrated and healthy.

Redness can be mild, moderate or severe. If it is in mild form and does not causing you any other harm then, try all these and you will see very positive results very soon. But sometimes it might be due to some hormonal problem or some other underlying problem. In that case you need to visit a nearby dermatologist for treatment.

After four weeks.

| 

Why has the color of my skin changed?

Query: Hello doctor, After working out at a gym for three months, the color of my skin has changed. It is darker now as compared to earlier. I want to know the reason behind this and the solution of this problem too.  Read Full »

Should I use special eyeglasses if I spend a lot of time in front of the computer?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 38 year old male. I spend nearly 12 hours in front of the laptop every day due to the nature of my work. I have a cylindrical power of -.75 in my right eye for almost five years now. However, nowadays I feeling eye strain. At my workplace, a doctor advised me to use spe...  Read Full »

I cannot bend my knee without having pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having knee problems for a while. It feels like my knee needs to be popped but it will not. I cannot bend my knee without having pain. Could someone please tell me, why is it? And what should I do to make it feel better?  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now