Q. What causes redness in arm after grabbing it tight?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I was playing with my brother of age 12 and I grabbed his arm tight and it caused redness line on its arm. Is it dangerous or what should I do?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Assuming your brother is 12 years old, he is not too young. If the lines are from grabbing him tight like finger impressions then they should fade and should not cause any damage.

However, if you accidentally twisted his arm, there may be swelling or bruises. In that case, he will have pain and a more serious injury must be ruled out. If he is complaining of pain in his arm, he has difficulty moving his arm or if there are swelling or bruises, tell your parents and take him to the hospital.

| 

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Is surgery needed for shoulder dislocation and fracture?

Query: Hello doctor, I wish to know if a surgery is needed for shoulder dislocation-cum-fracture. The patient is already undergoing treatment for arthritis and depression. So, will there be complications if put on anesthesia?  Read Full »

Why do I get sharp stabbing pain inside the bone?

Query: Hi doctor, I am unable to bear weight on my healed ankle. I had a fracture of the same ankle four years ago. This problem has been there since six months. Climbing stairs is a problem. I get pain inside my bone, sharp stabbing pain and some burning sensation. This stabbing pain stays for a week or s...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now