Q. What causes redness in arm after grabbing it tight?

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

I was playing with my brother of age 12 and I grabbed his arm tight and it caused redness line on its arm. Is it dangerous or what should I do?

Do you have a question on Redness Of Skin or Arm Fracture?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

MBBS
Family Physician General Practitioner

Assuming your brother is 12 years old, he is not too young. If the lines are from grabbing him tight like finger impressions then they should fade and should not cause any damage.

However, if you accidentally twisted his arm, there may be swelling or bruises. In that case, he will have pain and a more serious injury must be ruled out. If he is complaining of pain in his arm, he has difficulty moving his arm or if there are swelling or bruises, tell your parents and take him to the hospital.

Also Read Answers From: Redness Of Skin Arm Fracture

Is surgery needed for shoulder dislocation and fracture?
Query: Hello doctor, I wish to know if a surgery is needed for shoulder dislocation-cum-fracture. The patient is already undergoing treatment for arthritis and depression. So, will there be complications if put on anesthesia?  Read Full »
Dr. Melvin J George

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that the dislocation has been reduced and she is planned for surgery. I need to know about the status of the fracture, whether it is displaced or not and the exact location of the fracture. Can you share with me the X-ray image, so that I can answer you to...  Read Full »

Why do I get sharp stabbing pain inside the bone?
Query: Hi doctor, I am unable to bear weight on my healed ankle. I had a fracture of the same ankle four years ago. This problem has been there since six months. Climbing stairs is a problem. I get pain inside my bone, sharp stabbing pain and some burning sensation. This stabbing pain stays for a week or s...  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned that you sustained an ankle fracture around four years ago and now you have persistent symptoms in the same ankle joint. I actually need to know the details of your fracture and what management was done at that time.¬†Also right now apart from pain, ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?
Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full »
Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like skin redness...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now