Q. Apart from diet,how can I reduce belly fat?

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 16, 2015 and last reviewed on: Feb 06, 2019

I started going to the gym a few days ago. Comparatively, I am taking good diet now. But, my belly fat is increasing. Currently, I am under the following diet, 7 AM:- Breakfast with two boiled eggs; 10:30 AM:- Two boiled eggs; 12:30 PM:- Lunch; 4 PM:- Two bananas and by 4:30 PM I go to the gym. After the workout, two boiled eggs, two bananas with 400 ml milk. By 8:30 PM:- Dinner. What should I do to reduce my belly fat? Please suggest.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician Fitness Expert Nutritionist
#

Your breakfast is fine. You should not take too many eggs. You should not take again the same two boiled eggs at 10:30 AM and after working out. Instead of egg, you can try sprouts, green peas, stew, milk 200 ml, oat, and dalia 100 g approximately. Take vegetarian/non-vegetarian as good quality in a sandwich, add butter, sweet two pieces. Add in 100 gm salad and a small cup of two fruits like one citrus and the other fibrous.

To reduce belly fat you should come down with your outside foods mainly avoid junk and readymade food, soft drinks/hard drinks if any. No excess for biriyani, fried rice, and fried foods.

Do free hand exercises like chest, lower limb, and upper limb. Go for a 2 km to 4 km run or jog in the morning. Along with this do yoga for more benefit.

| 

My current weight is 70 kg and now I reduced my intake of egg as per your advice. My question is, should I eat yolk along with the white or should it be avoided? As per my weight please suggest which is good for me.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician Fitness Expert Nutritionist
#

I would like to say that you have not had any problem in your weight as per your present BMI. So, taking yolk is not a problem at present. But this is not recommended for the one who is taking more number of eggs than recommended. So you do not worry, take a balanced diet and stay healthy.

| 

My cervix length is small. Can I do some exercise to get normal delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 23-week pregnant with DCDA twin. My CL at week 19 was 28 mm and I was asked to take bed rest. Can I do any exercise because I prefer natural delivery? Currently, I am taking Progesterone tablets vaginally and also weekly Progesterone injection.  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan to lose weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I have gastric problem. Can you suggest me diet plan to lose weight with consideration of my gastric problem. Please specify any precautions to be taken and mention the source of food. I am attaching my medical reports which I have done before six months. Thank you.  Read Full »

Penis enlargement exercises led to swollen veins on my shaft. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a healthy 33 year old male. I have sex regularly and masturbate regularly. Over the years, I dabbled in penis enlargement exercises. I quit doing them a while back because I felt it was causing a damage to the penis. Recently, I used a cock ring, but for not more than ten minute...  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now