Q. I want to lose my belly fat. Please give me a solution.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
Published on Feb 05, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 15, 2019

In two months, I am going to be 24. My weight is 52 kg and my height is 5 feet 3.5 inches. I want to lose some weight, especially belly fat and side fat. Please give me a solution. Thank you.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician Fitness Expert Nutritionist
#

Thanks for your question.

I can see your BMI (body mass index) is 20.0. This is quite standard as per your weight and height are concerned.

For losing weight, you should go for meal planning that is diet. Maintain disciplined lifestyle, rest and also daily few free hand exercises has to be practiced. You can go for complete diet chart. You can take green tea and lemon in the morning with rigorous exercises.

| 

How can I lose weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 171 cm tall, 38 years old, and 80 kg weight. Since the last one to five months, I have left wheat 80 % from my diet and following on average 1000 to 1500 calorie diet everyday. Initially, I lost weight from 80 to 78 kg in two weeks, but now I am stuck on 79 kg weight. I do not k...  Read Full »

Is there any rule that fruits cannot be eaten on an empty stomach?

Query: Hi doctor, I want to improve my eating habit. Please suggest based on the following information. We follow staple food in the family. Rice for lunch and dinner and roti, oats, etc., for breakfast. Predominant side dish for lunch or dinner is fish, vegetables and dal. Occasionally, chicken, mutton ...  Read Full »

Does Orlistat help in losing weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an unmarried 23 year old female. My height and weight are 5'6" and 105 kg respectively. Till now I do not have any medical issue. From childhood, I am a bit fat. So I would like to know, is there any tablet which can help me lose weight along with diet? I heard that Xenical (Orlista...  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now