Q. Kindly suggest a diet plan to reduce weight and belly fat.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am trying to reduce my weight and belly fat, but I am not able to reduce my belly fat successfully. I am also getting kidney stones frequently and undergone surgery just two weeks back and also six months back. I want to reduce my belly fat without getting kidney stones. Let me brief about my details. I work for 12 hours, 15 days day shift and other 15 days I have night shifts. During day shifts, morning I have oats, afternoon I used to take fruits (mix of papaya, sweet melon and apple) and dinner (banana and an apple). Sometimes, I take avocado, pomegranate in the place of sweet melon. Weekly once I do have non-vegetarian like chicken and sea foods. I am 31 years old and a bachelor. My physical activities are walking during the break time (15 minutes walk during three breaks). My nature of job is sitting in the control room and no physical activity involved. Kindly suggest me whether my diet is proper and how to balance it for better results.

#

• You can practice some brisk home body poses and exercises other than walking or running.
  1. Take vegan based diet, less organic foods, sleep more for a minimum of eight hours. Hope you do not have problem of constipation.
  2. No stress, no smoking and hard drinks (if any). No cola or sweetened drinks.
  3. Avoid spicy foods, outside street foods, fried foods, junk foods, cream based foods. Eat less salt and no sugar.
  4. Have high quality protein rich foods, whole wheat foods and also reduce or stop having rice and rice meals.
  • Both for your weight loss and tummy fat or extra visceral fats (unwanted body fat), I suggest to keep on mild exercises like yoga or body poses,15 minutes morning as well as before going to bed.
  • Mild walking possible, but not heavy strenuous exercises. Avoid rice, but brown rice can be taken.
  1. Do work out at gym and at least do free hand exercises for maximum time. You better have a calculated diet plan.
  2. Cooking oil, white oil or olive is better within 20 mL. So, saturated fats like butter, ghee, fat containing rich dairy foods should also be avoided.
  3. No lentil, local greens, too much peas, spinach, cabbage or tomatoes.
  4. Strictly avoid all trans fats rich foods.
  • Take soft, bland timely quality foods with almost nil oils, low or very low animal products and all related high animal proteins foods are strictly restricted with spare bad fats at home is best diet for you.

High protein, high fat containing foods and rich junk foods.

1. Diet.
2. Exercises mild to moderate.

Follow up after 15 days to a dietician online.--->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dietician

|