Q. From my report, kindly advise the preventive measures of future health problem.

This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 12, 2021

I am a 32 year old male. My height is 6'1" and weight is 120 kg. I had blood tests and need your advice on preventive health care and preventive medication, if any. I am looking forward for your guidance and advice. I am obese since birth with a family history of obesity. I do not have any other complaint. I am a lacto vegetarian by diet. I am taking Vitamin D supplements currently and not on any other medication. I seek your detailed analysis of the blood report and kind advice to prevent future health problems and risks.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you.

• I have evaluated your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and there are two main issues. They are deranged lipid profile and vitamin D deficiency.
  • I would recommend to continue vitamin D supplement and following for cholesterol issues with the consent of your doctor.
  1. Reduce your weight.
  2. Avoid fatty food in diet.
  3. To consume potato, rice, oil, ghee, sweets, carbonated beverages in moderated amount only.
  4. Avoid alcohol and smoking in case you do.
  5. You need to be started on a combination of Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate.
  • Get your lipid profile repeated after a month and write back to me with the reports. This is my best opinion for you. You should discuss with your doctor before acting upon any advice. Stay healthy.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|