Q. Should I cleanse my body before starting workout to reduce weight?

Dr. Shakti Mishra
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 21, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 03, 2021

I am 22 years old and a mother of three kids. I am overweight. I currently weigh 180 lbs and I am 5'1". I have decided that I want to change my life around and start eating healthy, stop smoking, start exercising, etc. I just want to be the best role model for my kids. My question is, what should I do to start this journey? Should I cleanse my body first before I start working out. If so, how to start? I just do not know where to start. Can you help me?

#

It is really nice to hear that you want to have a change in your life. This will be an example for other ladies also.

• Cleansing the body is essential, but before that cleanse your mind with lots of positive attitude towards life. Never forget to pamper yourself.
  • Always try to find some time to go through some motivational videos every day that will increase your motivation.
  • Fix a proper routine time everyday for waking up, cooking, prepare your children, lunch, snacks and dinner.
  • Go for an evening walk every day along with your children if possible, so that you can look after them.
  • Follow a strict diet, cut down carbohydrates from your diet chart and add more protein with cereals and pulses. Add green vegetables and fruits.
  • Do meditation and yoga every day for a minimum of 30 minutes.
  • Spend more quality time with your children; play with them with lots of playful activities, which will in turn become a workout for you.
  • Do stretching exercises for your upper, lower body and trunk to improve your flexibility.
  • Follow these simple steps for a month and then you can post me back with your feedback. Have a nice fresh beginning again in your life. Best of luck.

Revert back after a month to a fitness expert online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

|