Q. Why am I not losing weight in spite of regular exercise?

Dr. Hemang Sudhakarbhai Jani
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My usual weight is 58 kg. But, in spite of regular rigorous exercise in the past two months I am not able to lose even half a pound. It has lowered my stamina and I feel lethargic. Please let me know why is it so? I am Currently on Thyronorm 100 mcg for hypothyroidism and homeopathic medicines for low BP and anemia. I have also started on Lorazepam before five months. Please help.

#

• You just have to continue your thyroid drugs and continue exercising.
  • To reduce the weight you need to increase your energy expenditure and reduce intake. Take less amount of butter, ghee and avoid high carbohydrate foods, take more of protein, fruits and green vegetables.
  • Also, go for daily regular exercise, yoga and pranayama practice, which will harmonize your body metabolism. So, your weight will reduce gradually.
  • Avoid junk foods and go for daily home food only.

Neglected daily exercise.

BMI and regular weight assessment.

Metabolism change.

Weight management.

Exercise, yoga and pranayama practice.

For further information consult a fitness expert online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/fitness-expert

|