A 3-month-old baby swallowed a small thread. What to do?

Q. My 3 months old baby swallowed a small thread. Will it harm her?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 10, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 13, 2023

My daughter is 3 months old. She swallowed a small thread. Will it harm her? And her tongue is white and thick. She also snores a little. She often vomits milk, which contains mucus. My doctor said this will get cleared as she grows. Please tell your opinion.

#

1. Small thread does not harm the child. It will pass spontaneously.

2. Small amount of regurgitation is normal in children. We should be more concerned if she is not taking food adequately.

3. Ensure your baby is gaining adequate weight and growing well.

|