Relationship Breakup

How to regain sex drive?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend and I have been together for 11 months. The honeymoon phase did not last long and on the end anyway. I noticed that within two to three months our sex life really slowed down. At first it did not bother me because he is more of a passive or shy personality. So, I thought I wo...  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Having sex in a long-term relationship is a sign of commitment. For some, sex might not be the only way to show the love. The very fact that he is affectionate to you shows that he loves you. Sexual phase is not the same every time. It is like a see-saw. I advise you to...  Read Full »

Please help me get over my breakup.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old. My problem is that I loved a girl and now she moved away from me. She rejected my proposal. Now, I am getting suicide ideas. Please help me to come out of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your feel after losing your loved one. This is a natural human reaction to feel depressed and low after a loss. We call this as grief. You need grief management instantly or else your feelings can become intense and after two months of similar condition, it ...  Read Full »

How to deal with separation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 41 years old. I am dealing with separation. My husband is possibly a sociopath. He left the city two years ago and wants a divorce now. I am unable to go ahead with it. I need some help for my anxiety and the illusion he created years ago. Also, I was on Daxid 100 mg and stopped no...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivanand B Hiremath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand what you are going through. I would like to know some more details about the problems you are experiencing. Do you have a social support at present from some close family members or children or parents? Are you financially independent? Please give more det...  Read Full »

How to get over my boyfriend?

Query: Hi doctor, My boyfriend left me a year before. He got married now. But, I have been dying day by day for his love. Still, I love him a lot. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Sathya Prakash

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you are describing, it appears that he left you and it is irreversible. Many things in life are irreversible such as death, separation and so on. One must learn to let go and accept the loss. The more we try to hold on, the more it hurts. It may seem difficult t...  Read Full »

How to overcome frustration and loneliness due to breakup with my girl friend?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. I broke up with my girlfriend two months ago after a healthy relationship of four years. All these happened just within two days, and I could not even understand what to do and what not. She said that she forgot all the moments and memories of our relation, an...  Read Full »

Dr. Sonia Malhotra

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are facing an adjustment disorder. The relationship appears to be an important part of your life, but still, change is the hard fact of life. You may not be able to forget her ever, but her memories will stop giving you pain. Currently, you do not need any medici...  Read Full »

I inclined towards the negative things because of bad incidents in my life. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26-year-old male. I observed I have always inclined towards the negative side of things. Due to recent events, like heartbreak, and age-related illness of parents, feeling extremely negative, exhausted, and feeling difficulty to breathe and loss of appetite are some problems I o...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are reporting some depressive and anxiety symptoms probably related to stressful life events. It is very positive that you have started meditation and it has helped in making things better for you. Meditation helps manage stress. You can also try yoga if feasible...  Read Full »

I am stressed and overthink due to lost relationship. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I stress and overthink a lot, and after my breakup and I am facing this for a year. I am hardly able to concentrate I am always involved in thinking about my past. The guy always tries to defame me and speak rubbish about me, I being an introvert I am unable to talk to a lot of people ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. It is common to feel stressed following a break-up in any relationship. Usually one gets better with time, but you are reporting the ongoing stressful situation. It will get better with support. 2. Have you spoken about your difficult situation with any family me...  Read Full »

Why I am thinking about my broken relationship even after some years?

Query: Hello doctor, I am curious about why we go back to ex relation again and again even after two to three years of breakup and more than a year of total detachment? I know that relation did not work for me, and maybe I had nothing more to give to or get from that relation. I do not want to get back in...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two possible reasons, 1. Familiarity mind always tends to cling to familiar things which makes it comfortable. Fear of unknown makes the mind choose what is known, even if it is wrong. 2. Lack of a better opportunity, maybe you have not found someone bett...  Read Full »

I recently had a break up with someone who was formally my best friend and I am depressed after it. How to get rid of it?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently had a bad break up with someone who was formally my best friend, and she feels like now we cannot even go back to where we were before as good friends. But we still talked for a while after it, but now we have not been talking, and I have been feeling depressed and having c...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are undergoing some adjustment problems. When we had a bad experience or event, then our body and mind take time to adjust to the new situation. It is common to have some emotional outburst and anxiety during this time. But if your friend does not want this relatio...  Read Full »

How can I come out of depression?

Query: Hello doctor,I am depressing a lot for the past one year because of my personal issues. I do not know why when I am depressed my heart started paining high. It pains a lot. So, I could not concentrate on my studies due to depression. My thoughts are going to it even though I try to control. I want t...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can figure out that the whole problem is love here. Let me tell you in this way. See people have a wrong belief that love is only once. Love is always alive within us because we first love our mother, then father, then toys, then games, then school, then friends, t...  Read Full »