Q. I had a breakup, fighting with people and irritated with my job. Please help.

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

I have a problem. I am getting frustrated with a silly thing that is my job. I had a breakup, I am fighting with people on small things. What to do?

#

I understand your concern. Did all these problems start after break up? If it is so, this is commonly called as an adjustment disorder. If severe it could lead to depression too. My advice will be to first understand that you are experiencing this problem and it is due to certain chemical changes probably triggered by stress. Your change in behavior may be the result of this. Try to distract yourself from situations which make you upset and keep yourself engaged. Try to plan a new resolution and work towards it. Try daily exercises or yoga. Try meeting new friends and take a break from your schedule. Try out doing something which you always wanted but never did in the past. The symptoms you are experiencing is temporary and it will pass. If nothing is helping you and you are experiencing low mood, sleep disturbances, etc., then a small dose of antidepressants like Escitalopram at around 10 mg dose will help you a lot.

|