Q. I end up crying a lot for every little thing. Why?

Dr. Awadhesh P Singh Solanki
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

I have not been through anything bad, but I end up crying a lot for every little thing. All my emotions hit me at once, and I cannot stop crying. I am 18 years old. I am in a relationship with a guy, and things are not smooth. I have trouble sleeping. What do you suggest?

#

I can understand your concern regarding your low mood and emotional outbreaks.

• You are just 18 years old. At this age as personality is not fixed lots of conflicts comes in a relationship with the partner which is a normal thing. I will suggest you handle them with maturity.
  • Try to keep yourself busy with work and some extracurricular activities like musical instruments, dance, singing, etc., and communicate your problems with your friends and family.
  • Do some light exercises to improve mood.
  • If symptoms persist then we can take help of a few medicines like Escitalopram, an antidepressant for early recovery.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|