Q. I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. I feel lonely. What do I do?

Dr. Arooj Najmussaqib
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 09, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 16, 2018

One year ago, I had a serious breakup with my girlfriend. It was a relationship of five years. Even today, I am not able to forget her. I keep thinking about her. I am not able to concentrate on anything. I feel lonely. What do I do?

#

Relationship issues need to be settled down before it starts disturbing you. You have to fully understand what it will lead to and how it will affect your life in the long run.

When you get into any relationship for more than a year, you start associating and sharing your feelings with that person, which is quite obvious.

In any breakup, the reason for the breakup is very important to deal with. You have not mentioned it here. If you had mentioned, it would have been even more helpful in suggestions.

Suggestions:

1. It seems that you have not yet accepted that you had a breakup. The reason for it must be challenged and accepted on your part. Once you deal with that, it will be easier for you to move on.
  2. Try journaling or writing to an unknown friend (or to yourself) and share your emotions and feelings honestly.
  3. Do not avoid recalling your memories because the more you avoid the more you get into it. Go through it with the help of a counselor and it will make you feel much better.
  4. Follow up with the details of your relationship issue for a better management.

Consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/online-psychiatrist-psychotherapy-counseling

|