Q. My friend is not accepting my love. What shall I do?

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran
Published on Dec 05, 2016

I am 27 years old. I live with my parents, but I feel very lonely. My long time school friend introduced me to his childhood friend and we have been talking for the past two to three months through mobile. I like talking to him and wait for his test messages eagerly. I have started liking him. I shared my feelings with him at numerous times, but he does not take me seriously. I feel like crying and shouting. I have not slept for a week and still not feeling sleepy. Please help me.

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor
#

• You have involved yourself emotionally in this relationship and have gone a step further by getting serious about it.
  • First of all, you should know the wavelength of the person with whom we like. Without knowing what he is interested in, do not jump into conclusions.
  • Probably, he thinks of you as a good friend. Accept his feelings and give respect to his friendship.
  • You cannot force an individual to fall in love. It should happen on its own.
  • Do not get disappointed over it. Continue your friendship with him and go ahead in life.
  • After all, life is much more than all these.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

| 

My son has social withdrawal and isolation. Yet, he refuses treatment. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, The problem started in 2010. Social withdrawal, isolation, inability to continue at a job, negative talk, jealousy, lack of initiative, low self-esteem and fickle minded behavior. What could these point to? The prescriptions are lost in transit. No medicines are being taken.  Read Full »

What ayurvedic medicine can be given to my little one to increase her alertness?

Query: Hello doctor, This is with regards to my daughter who is 2 years and eight months old. I have noticed that she is slow in activities. She is very laid back and relaxed. I have a feeling that she has an imbalance of vata, pitta, and kapha. I mean if she can be either low on pitta or vata as per my un...  Read Full »

What is the management of social phobia, insecurity, anger, and loneliness?

Query: Hello doctor, My 26 years old son has social phobia, insecurity, anger, adamancy, irritation, unsatisfaction, doubts, and loneliness. Symptoms are present for many years but for the last two years, it has aggravated a lot. He does not leave the house or meet people, never speaks and blames me for e...  Read Full »