Repressed Feelings

Why is a 2-year-old beating parents on waking up?

Query: Hello doctor,My 2 years old little girl is beating us the moment she wakes up. So whenever she sleeps after some time she starts waking up and starts beating and after some time she is fine but with no past memory. She also says something while she is asleep. She is doing this every day.  Read Full »

Dr. Shania Zafar

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As reported by you that your 2-year-old is hitting you, scratching her face and banging her head, it seems like your daughter is engaging in self-harm behaviors. It is the way of children to cope up with their negative emotions. I would like to know about the speech of ...  Read Full »

I do not show my emotion at any time. Is that due to anxiety or social disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have some form of social disorder. I do not have feelings like others. I do not feel empathy but can be empathetic on cue as I know the social cues. And I prefer to keep to myself. Can you please advise where I can be diagnosed? I have always thought it was anxiety as this...  Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. With the limited information you have provided, it is difficult to give an accurate opinion. It is possible you are describing some features of autism spectrum traits or Asperger syndrome which can manifest as social communication difficulties and anxiety. It is not unc...  Read Full »

When I shave, people say I look homosexual. Is there any solution for this?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 20 year old male. People say I look like gay when I shave. Dealing with it is tough. Is there any reason or solution to this?  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had included a little more information about your problems. Anyways, are there other reasons as to why people believe that you are gay like mannerisms, type of clothes you wear, etc. Sometimes, one's own suppressed homosexuality is also ...  Read Full »

Is it normal to have behavioral changes while preparing for exams?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 22 years old female, currently preparing for some competitive exam. I am having a feeling of like nothing is good and this sometimes leads me to not study for the whole day and moreover, I am lacking the feeling of complete happiness, joy, or to feel sadness completely, and also ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are overworked or overstressed. Take some vacation. I can understand about exam preparation but sometimes we need some break in our life. Due to continuous exposure, we get bored and then it is difficult to concentrate on work or study. Make a schedule. Do not just ...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.