My 2 years old little girl is beating us the moment she wakes up. So whenever she sleeps after some time she starts waking up and starts beating and after some time she is fine but with no past memory. She also says something while she is asleep. She is doing this every day.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
As reported by you that your 2-year-old is hitting you, scratching her face and banging her head, it seems like your daughter is engaging in self-harm behaviors. It is the way of children to cope up with their negative emotions. I would like to know about the speech of your daughter. Is she able to express her need?
Sometimes your child's needs remain unmet due to lack of understanding by the caregivers or due to lack of speech so they end up engaging in self-harm behaviors.Treatment plan:
1. Do not pay attention to her actions by punishing her as this would reinforce the behavior.
2. Focus on the child's feeling.
3. Help your child in calming down.
4. In the daytime try to spend quality time with her engaging in games and other play that your daughter likes.
5. Consult a psychologist to help her learn self-soothing strategies and also the psychologist would facilitate you in dealing with this complex behavior.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hi doctor, My husband is very broadminded and good hearted. He is an all rounder in every arena, both at home and outside. He can manage anything and can do any task. But, he quickly gets irritated when saw any flaw around. He expects me to be 100% perfectionist in any work at home. Due to the irr... Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I am depressed and have relationship conflict. I am unable to understand my issues with mother-in-law over things that I could easily ignore and move on. I am over sensitive and tend to get heart breaks every while. I fight with my husband because of weird situations with my mother-in-law... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Psychologist Counsellor Now