Retinal Detachment

Can increase in number of vitreous floaters in eye cause PVD?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I started seeing vitreous floaters a few weeks back. I noticed it eight months back. But my floaters are getting different. I had a few of them for twenty years. Now I have a few of them on my both eyes. They also come with something called jelly and they are not really notic...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is presence of a jelly-like substance in the eyes called vitreous. As the age progresses, it starts to liquefy and you start seeing floaters. You can also see floaters and flashes when vitreous get detached from the retina. You can consult an opthalmologist immedi...  Read Full »

Why do I experience streaks of light in dark with gray shadow in peripheral vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I began to see streaks of light across my vision in the dark and realized I have a gray shadow in the left peripheral vision of my right eye since yesterday evening. I have been spending time on my laptop or phone for more than 10 hours a day and sometimes, I watch the screens in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using a computer for a long time causes dry eye syndrome due to decreased blink rate. Take frequent breaks and look at far objects as the eyes are strained looking at close object for a long time. Keep the brightness of the system to minimal. Use tear drops twice a d...  Read Full »

Why do I see spinning wheel or fan type of thing in side vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed that sometimes I can see two or one spinning wheel or fan type thing in my side vision. Suddenly it comes and goes on its own. What can it be? I am scared about retinal detachment. Last I got my retina tested 1.5 years ago and it was fine.  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These things are floaters. They happen due to changes in the vitreous which is jelly like thing in front of retina. If you are seeing now and then, just ignore it. If there is an increase in number of floaters and if you start seeing flashes then consult an Ophthalmo...  Read Full »