Rh Incompatibility Complications

My fiance's blood group and mine are different. Will it create problems to our baby's health?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is AB+, and my fiance's blood group is AB-. Will different blood groups create problems in future, regarding baby's health or other issues?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You and your fiance can marry without any problem. Do not worry regarding that. The only thing that has to be done is checking the baby's blood group. As your blood group is Rh negative, so if the baby's blood group is Rh positive then it might lead to Rh in...  Read Full »

What problems occur when a couple has different Rh factor?

Query: Hi doctor,My blood group is B positive. I am going to marry a person with B negative blood group. Is there any problem?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. From history, I hope you are telling that you (male) is B positive and your fiance (female) is B negative.According to Rh grouping, a person can have Rh positive or Rh negative group. You both can marry and can produce a ...  Read Full »

During pregnancy, does kell antigens cause any permanent effect in babies?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner is pregnant with twins of 22 weeks. She has kell antigens in her blood received from a transfusion when my first son is born. I did a blood test last week, and I also have a kell group present in my blood. Do my babies are safe? What can be done to help them? Are there any per...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kell blood group is a minor blood group system. ABO and Rh are called major blood group system. Kell antigen can be antigenic and can create a problem during a blood transfusion or else it may not create any problem. So there is no need for having a specific treatment. ...  Read Full »

Will there be any problem in pregnancy if the couple have same blood group?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I am willing to marry my childhood friend. She is elder than me by five months, and our blood group is same, which is AB positive. Here are my questions: Will there be any problem during pregnancy? Any tests required to be done for ensuring no problem in future...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The medical condition that is troubling is due to Rh incompatibility. There is no possibility of that in your case as you both are AB positive and hence, your blood groups are compatible. There is no problem medically. You need not go for any tests too. All the b...  Read Full »

Mine and my wife's blood group is B. Will it cause any problem in our married life?

Query: Hello¬†doctor, My wife's and mine blood groups are the same. Both of our blood group is B. Will there be any problem in our married life?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two major blood group systems. ABO - According to this system, the blood group can be A, B, O, AB.  Rh system - According to this system, the blood group can be Rh positive or negative. You have not mentioned th...  Read Full »

My blood group is B-positive and fiance has A-negative. Can I marry her?

Query: Hello doctor,I am going to marry A-negative girl. And my blood group is B-positive. So, is there any complication or we can go ahead?  Read Full »

Dr. Y Siva Roja

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query. To put it simply, persons of any blood groups can marry and have healthy children. But when the female is of negative blood group and male is of positive blood group (as in your case), the baby has a chance of having a positive blood group...  Read Full »

I am O+ve and fiance is B-ve. What problems are we going to face?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group is O positive. I am going to marry a girl whose blood group is B negative. What type of problems are we going to face? I need your help.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With proper precautions, you will not get any problems. Your wife has to receive anti D at the proper time during pregnancy. Otherwise, the baby may have hemolytic disease soon after birth. There will be no other problem. For more information consult an internal med...  Read Full »

Will our blood group combination create a problem at the time of conceiving?

Query: Hello doctor,I am going to marry next month. Actually, problem is, I have A +ve blood group and she has B -ve blood group. So, I want to know, will this blood group combination create a problem at a time of conceiving to the mother and the fetus in the future?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are having a positive group and your wife is having a negative group. So, in the first pregnancy, it will not create any problem in the mother or child. But, sensitization to Rh antigen can occur and mother forms antibody against Rh D antigen. If she conceives f...  Read Full »

Is second pregnancy safe in Rh negative mother after anti-D injection?

Query: Hello doctor, My blood group is O +ve and my wife's is O -ve. Our child was born four years back and he is O +ve. After his birth, my wife was given an injection to avoid future complications arising due to opposite blood groups of my wife and son. Two years later, she had an abortion. The pregnanc...  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since she has received injection after first delivery, there is nothing to worry about. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get an indirect Coombs test to make sure that there is no risk. The miscarriage could be because of some other cause and ...  Read Full »