iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersRheumatologyrheumatoid arthritisI have had random body aches recently. Please help.

What could be the recent for random body aches in a woman?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At May 19, 2024
Reviewed AtMay 19, 2024

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 37-year-old married female. I have had moderate to severe fatigue intermittently for about six months. My recent laboratory work was all good, except for the RF, which was 29. Sed rate was normal, and ANA was negative. I have random body aches as if I am coming down with the flu. I had one random episode of knee pain with sudden onset, which worsened to the point where walking was difficult. The Aleeve tablets helped the knee pain. The symptoms of the body aches present suddenly and will be resolved by the next morning. I developed a trigger finger in my right ring finger. My joints seem to crack and pop but do so without causing pain. There is no redness or swelling in any joints. I have to wait two months to see a rheumatologist. I am confused as to what is causing the elevated RF, as I am reluctant to think that I am developing RA. I have been taking Paroxetine 20 mg. Please help.

Thank you.


Welcome to icliniq.com.

Your first query consult is on us!

Your pains do not seem to be due to RA (rheumatoid arthritis, inflammation of the joints). Sometimes episodic pains can occur in RA with swelling, which usually lasts a day or two, and then goes to another joint. This is called palindromic rheumatism. But as you stated you do not get any swelling or redness in joints, I would say that the RF is very low titer, and it may be a false positive.

I hope you have been checked for hypothyroidism and vitamin D deficiency. If they have been, I would say that this is a part of soft tissue rheumatism like fibromyalgia (a condition that causes widespread muscle pain and tenderness). This is treated with simple analgesics like Paracetamol and sometimes drugs like Pregabalin (steroids) and graded exercises.

I hope that you get your answer.

Please let me know if you want some help later.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Puri Divya Inder
Dr. Puri Divya Inder


Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy