Q. Why do I have joint pain and low back pain?

Dr. Srinivasa Chennareddy
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 14, 2016 and last reviewed on: Apr 29, 2020

I am a 45 year old male. I had an accident before 10 years. At that time, my knee x-ray was done and I was reported to have osteoarthritis. I have been suffering from pain for few years. I have lower back pain and pain in some of the joints. For the past few weeks, I have pain in my left palm, particularly in my finger joints and more on left middle finger joint. Also, on my foot joints. I also feel very fatigued and tired. My blood pressure (BP) was 110/70 mmHg a week back. I am enclosing a comprehensive blood test report, which was done very recently and I have advised to take tablet Nusam 400 for six months. I have been taking for the past two months. Please suggest me the remedy and preventive measures.

#

Vitamin D deficiency and autoimmune cause.

Ultrasound abdomen and pelvis, rheumatoid factor, MRI of spine with sacroiliac joint and MRI of the whole spine, screening and ultrasound of hands to look for active arthritis, HBsAg (hepatitis B surface antigen) and HCV (hepatitis C virus).

Seronegative spondyloarthropathy.

1. Rheumatoid arthritis.
2. Seronegative spondyloarthropathy.

Calcirol sachets (vitamin D) 60000 units once in a week with a glass of water for six weeks and tablet Dolo 650 mg (Acetaminophen) for pain.

1. Avoid alcohol and excessive weight lifting.
2. Also, try to avoid painkillers as your liver functions are abnormal.

For further information consult a rheumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/rheumatologist

|