Rheumatoid Factor

I am having trigger issue in middle finger of both hands. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having trigger problem in the middle finger of my left hand over a year. But, the same finger of my right hand has now developed the same problem. They are especially bad in the morning and it is difficult to straighten them. I can feel a very heavy click when I do it. I had blood te...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most important information to know would be x-ray of your hands. There are different types of arthritis like autoimmune, osteoarthritis and gout. It could also become worse with your new medications as they can cause bone loss and pain. It may also occur if you have a...  Read Full »

I feel muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35 year old male. For the past two years, I am suffering from muscle pain near ankle and also have muscle tightness in both feet while sleeping. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problems could be due to arthritis of ankle joint or due to bone weakness. I recommend you to get the following tests done and revert back with reports. C-reactive protein (CRP), serum uric acid, serum vitamin D3 levels and rheumatoid arthritis (RA factor). ...  Read Full »

Is rheumatoid factor a genetic disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a question relating to my deceased father. I obtained his medical records after his death. While searching through his records to gain a better understanding of what may happen to me, I found he was positive for the rheumatoid factor and had been diagnosed with ankylosing spon...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I do not think you should be worried about anything. Firstly rheumatoid factor is not transmitted genetically unlike HLA- B27 (human leucocyte antigen). Secondly, it can be positive in a lot of people but does not cause any symptoms. Thirdly, you have been test...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my hands and wrists?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having pain in my hands and wrist and it started a few months ago. It is typically in the morning. I visited a doctor and she did blood tests. The result flagged in my blood tests was anti-Sm/RNP 2.8 and she has referred me to a rheumatologist, who cannot see me for the next two ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the antibody as such does not match your symptoms. It is an antibody for autoimmune disease more like SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus). Since it is positive, I would like to know if your ANA (antinuclear antibody) was positive as well, or only this came positive. ...  Read Full »

What is the importance of rhesus during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, What is Rhesus? My wife is pregnant and started clinic today.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. At first visit, the pregnant lady's blood group needs to be checked. There are many blood groups like A, B, O, AB and another thing which we need to know is rhesus positive or rhesus negative. So on the basis of rhesus, it is A+, A-, B+, B-, O+, O-, AB+, AB -. So, every ...  Read Full »

What is the exact cause for my knee pain and swelling?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old female. My height is 5'4" and my weight is 64 kg. I am suffering from left knee pain with some swelling and stiffness for the past three years. I am taking Sazo 2000 and OXC 200 for two months, but had no relief. I have ANA 48.5 and CRP 7.9. My MRI showed no tears, but...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data posted. Kindly tell me more details about your problem. Since when is the pain in the left knee present? Do you have any other joint pain like wrist or elbow? Your ANA (antinuclear antibody) report is positive. Kindly upload the report ...  Read Full »

Can arthritis be the reason for ankle and wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I get pain in my joints like ankle and wrist occasionally. It goes off when I take Mobizox but comes after a few days again. Also, it goes off when I do massage or when I use compression glove. My uric acid is 10 mg/dL, and it is in a higher range. Does this pain occur due to increased u...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have arthralgia, and it is not arthritis. This condition will have pain along with swelling. It is unlikely to occur due to uric acid. You need to do a few tests which include RF (rheumatoid factor), ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate), CRP (C-reactive protein), an...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for pain in the joints of fingers, knees, and toes?

Query: Hello doctor, I had very mild pain in my finger joints about 10 days ago. But, with due course of time, I also developed pain in knee joints which is mild to severe and also a mild pain in the toes of the foot. I am also having a headache. Further, I took Sinarest last night and in the mo...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are a number of causes that clinically present with symptoms like joint pains and fever. The few conditions are chikungunya and rheumatic fever. A detailed history needs to be obtained and I advise you to go for blood investigation like CB...  Read Full »

I have ankle and calf muscle pain. Could it be RA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38 year old male, suffering from RA from the last two years and recently started the treatment with an orthopedic doctor for AVN of the hip. I have been told by my orthopedician at icliniq to consult a rheumatologist for my ankle and calf muscle pain, and for my RA medication an...  Read Full »

Dr. Durgesh Srivastava

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through the details of your query, there are a few things to be clarified first. You have not mentioned any involvement of the small joints of hands, wrists or feet. The joints you have mentioned only include large joints. If it is really so, then the likel...  Read Full »

My finger joints are stiff every morning. Is it a type of arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I get stiff joints in the fingers (like an elastic effect) when I get up from bed in the morning. I also get ankle pain. After a few movements, I am fine. I consulted a rheumatologist who mentioned that it is psoriatic arthritis. My joint pain is very mild and comes only when I am id...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have an inflammatory joint pain which is causing a stiffness of the joints once they are rested. This is called jelly phenomenon. If you have psoriasis or any member in your family has psoriasis then one can call it psoriatic arthritis. Th...  Read Full »