Q. I have severe pain my upper right side near my rib. Why?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am a 17-year-old male. Over the past two weeks, I have had a sharp pain in my upper right side near my rib which has gotten worse over time. I am currently taking tablet Tylenol. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

If your age and weight mentioned in the query are correct, I would say you are suffering from fatty liver. This fatty liver causes stretching of the liver and results in this kind of pain.

I would suggest you take the following medications for seven to ten days, and you will feel much better.

1.Tablet Udiliv 300 mg (Ursodeoxycholic Acid 300 mg) twice daily.

2. Tablet Drotin DS (Drotaverine 80 mg) one tablet thrice daily.

3. Tablet Cyra-D (Domperidone 30 mg and Rabeprazole 20 mg) one tablet in the morning.

4.Tablet Lipirose 5 mg (Rosuvastatin 10 mg) at night.

However, this is based on the details mentioned in the query. For a complete and correct diagnosis, I will need a more detailed history and would like to know a few more things.

To confirm this diagnosis, I suggest you take an ultrasound of the abdomen.

You can share the report with me or follow-up with your local physician.

Hope this helps.

Kindly revert back in case of further queries.

|