Rice

Are medicines necessary for elevated LDL levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 43 years old. I do not smoke or drink, but my food habits are not very good. Recently, I got my blood checked for Apo B/Apo A and the ratio was really bad at 1.6. The triglyceride is around 474 and this rose from 270 around three months back. My HDL is 26, LDL 116 and TC 237. Let...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. You definitely need treatment for high cholesterol along with dietary modifications. You need to be started on a combination of Atorvastatin and Fenofibrate. Start regular exercise and avoid oil, rice and potatoes. For blood su...  Read Full »

Is brown rice good for a diabetic patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38 year old male. My height is 6 feet height and weight is 90 kg. I have been a hypertensive for the past ten years. My fasting sugar generally comes in the range of 100 to 130; PP 140 to 170 and A1c level is 6.6. Should I start medicine for this? For hypertension I am taking Losar...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your levels are indicating that you are diabetic. But, the values are not that high enough to start on medications. I recommend you to start diabetic diet and exercise regularly. Also, repeat your fasting blood sugar (FBS), postprandial blood sugar (PPBS), and HbA1...  Read Full »

Do heel bone fractures require surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I slipped from stairs before five months and got fracture. My orthopedic doctor diagnosed it as heel bone fracture in both legs. I mean intra-articular calcaneal fracture. I have lost subtle movements in heel and ankle area. He advised me to walk on toes for 20 minutes twice a day. He d...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intra-articular fractures of calcaneum if displaced require fixation otherwise there will be loss of movements at the subtalar joint. However, in this case tiptoe movement should have been preserved because it is through ankle joint proper. I need your current x-ray of an...  Read Full »