Rifaximin

I have acidity and indigestion problem. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old male, who weighs 62 kg. My stomach is swollen, and it feels as if it is filled with gas. I also have low appetite, acidity, and indigestion. I used to chew tobacco from a long time, but I quit it recently. I am an occasional drinker, and I am fond of spicy foods. I am...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You are suffering from an acid peptic disease, for which you are taking Famotidine at present. Also, your stomach is bloated as mentioned in your post. So you have features of IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and I would suggest you take a com...  Read Full »

Kindly guide us with the treatment for my mom's liver disease.

Query: Hi doctor, My mom is 70 years old. She has chronic liver disease, cirrhosis, portal hypertension and ascites. Her creatinine is 3. She also has type 2 diabetes. We were informed by her doctor that her liver is not producing albumin and her bilirubin level is very high. Please guide us.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankur Jindal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mom's profile suggests very advanced stage of liver disease (attachment removed to protect patient identity). She has advanced cirrhosis of liver, which is complicated by the formation of portal hypertension and fluid abdomen. The presence of kidney injury adds to th...  Read Full »

My bowel movement is not satisfactory. Is that a symptom of IBS?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 3 to 4 years ago, I had normal bowel movements. My bowel movement was good enough that I had to wake up to go and felt quite empty, except sometimes I had to go in the evening and also no farts. I then moved to a new place and I think the water changed; still I was quite fine with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). If there is a problem of recurrent bowel gases, then you can take treatment initially for that. If not relieved, then can undergo colonoscopy. You should also do yoga daily. Initially, please start on the following m...  Read Full »

Can you Please suggest some medicine for my stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having stomach pain for the last two days with loose motions. I took medicine to control loose motions. But, I am using bathroom for every four to five hours. I feel some heavy pain in stomach and feels like going bathroom. The motion is not loose and not regular too. It is dark an...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is really a troublesome situation you are facing nowadays. I feel sorry for this health issue. But do not worry. With care and lifestyle changes you will get better soon. Ask your local physician for a prescription of Metronidazole (or) Rifaximin to be taken orall...  Read Full »

How can bloody mucus stools of a 3-year-old be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 3 years old. He is getting bloody mucus in stool for the last six days and also is having stomach pain also. Today, it happened for 17 times. We had consulted a local pediatrician. He told it may be a gastro infection. He is having consistent stomach pain. Can I know what...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Modi

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the clinical history, the child is suffering from an infective gastroenteritis also known as dysentery. This is diarrhea in children. Probable cause could be food poisoning or any infection. The medicines given by your pediatrician seems to be adequate. I sugges...  Read Full »

I feel bloated whenever I eat. Kindly advice.

Query: Hello doctor,My problem started two months back when I suddenly had diarrhea. I took Flagyl for a week but all in vain. Then I visited a physician, he prescribed me Rifagut 400 thrice a day for seven days, Pantocid 20 twice a day for five days and probiotic twice a day for five days. I got relief i...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query as well as the investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). From your reports, you seem to be suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The condition responds to Rifaximin (Rifagut) for a short term. The long term trea...  Read Full »

I have too much gas in the stomach and fart uncontrollably. Please suggest a cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 31 year old male. I have too much gas in the stomach despite drinking plenty of water, nearly four to five liters a day. I fart too much. I feel embarrassed and cannot control it. I am not taking any medications currently.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. The excess gas formation is generally because of problems with the gut bacteria and the consumption of spicy food can aggravate it. I would suggest you avoid spicy food. Start Rifaximin 200 mg twice daily which is a nonabsorbable antibiotic a...  Read Full »

I feel gas in my stomach and pass too much gas. Should I worry?

Query: Hello doctor, I experience gas in my stomach quite often. I then pass gas throughout the day. If I take antibiotics, it stops completely until the duration of the course. I wish to get cured completely. I was diagnosed with inactive gastritis and have been given PPI for two months but I still exper...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are multiple reasons for gas in the abdomen. In your case, it is likely to be due to a disturbed gastrointestinal flora of the gut bacteria. You should take probiotic tablets for at least a month. Initially, start with an antibiotic such as tablet Rifaximin 450 ...  Read Full »

I was diagnosed with IBS many years back. How to get rid of its symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 42 year old male, who weighs 210 lbs, and I am 5.11 feet tall. I have been having severe digestive and related symptoms for quite some time. I was diagnosed with IBS many years ago, but I would like a second opinion. My symptoms include severe nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fatigue,...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), they are fine except some neutrophilia, which is indicative of some inflammation or infection somewhere. Overall, it is fine. Do you have any fever or burning while urination? There is a...  Read Full »

Kindly check my reports for abnormality as I am getting palpitations along with gas problem.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 year old male with the problem of heart palpitations. Recently, my lifestyle is not active. I feel lazy, and I am overweight. I first got palpitations 10 days before when I woke up on an empty stomach and bloating. I had a few of them even after motion until I had something to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganeshkumar Suresh Satpute

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Occasional missed beats are very common in normal people. But, if they are coming recurrently, then you should undergo some tests. Please get the following tests at cardiology center near you. ECG (electrocardiogram). 2D echocardiogram. Treadmill testing. R...  Read Full »