Q. Can you help treat ringworm on my leg and penis?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 10, 2019

I have ringworm on my leg and the upper side of my penis from one month. I have taken antibiotics like Terfaze. Please help.

#

Kindly send image and revert back.

Without clinical photographs, medications cannot be advised.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am not able to concentrate on my studies and other activities. It irritates me a lot.

#

It is a fungal infection.

If you are not allergic to oral medications then take it because oral medications are important.

Without the oral medications, fungal infection will not subside.

I suggest you take capsule Syntran (Itraconazole) 100 mg twice daily after meals for two weeks and tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at bedtime for five to seven days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

You also need to apply Onabet (Sertaconazole Topical) 2% cream in the morning and Lulizol (Luliconazole Topical) 1% cream at night.

Keep the area clean and dry.

You need to wash the clothes in hot water separately and maintain good hygiene.

Follow up after two weeks.

|