Q. Can you help treat ringworm on my leg and penis?

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare
Published on Dec 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 10, 2019

I have ringworm on my leg and the upper side of my penis from one month. I have taken antibiotics like Terfaze. Please help.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

Kindly send image and revert back.

Without clinical photographs, medications cannot be advised.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

I am not able to concentrate on my studies and other activities. It irritates me a lot.

Dr. Sampada Avinash Thakare

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

It is a fungal infection.

If you are not allergic to oral medications then take it because oral medications are important.

Without the oral medications, fungal infection will not subside.

I suggest you take capsule Syntran (Itraconazole) 100 mg twice daily after meals for two weeks and tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg at bedtime for five to seven days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the medicines.

You also need to apply Onabet (Sertaconazole Topical) 2% cream in the morning and Lulizol (Luliconazole Topical) 1% cream at night.

Keep the area clean and dry.

You need to wash the clothes in hot water separately and maintain good hygiene.

Follow up after two weeks.

I have fungal infection in my ear.Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fungal ear infection yesterday. Doctor asked me to get admitted in the hospital for a microsuction to remove fungal debris. Is it mandatory to stay at the hospital overnight for a microsuction? Can microsuction be done as an out patient procedure without staying in...  Read Full »

What causes of a pink spot on testicles?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed for some time now that the skin in my groin area looks gray and when I looked close, I saw that my skin was peeling and there were a few pink spots. And my scrotum began to itch. I assumed it was a jock itch. So, two days ago, I purchased Lotrimin Ultra and applied it in my g...  Read Full »

The Manifestation of Ringworm Infection and Its Treatment

Article Overview: I would like to ward off the most common misunderstanding among many people and that is ringworm is not an infection caused by any worm. Ringworm lesions are the most common and also one of the cosmetically annoying fungal lesions. To get to know the ringworm well, we need to go through the basics of it. Read Article

Dr. Narendra

Ringworm is a fungal infection, which is called tinea in medical terms. Ringworm, as the name suggests, is the name derived from the pattern of the lesion that develops in this disease. There is a ring-like lesion at one or more sites over the body. The sites could be anywhere in the body like scalp...  Read Article