Q. How to treat recurrent ringworm infections?

Dr. Abhilipsa Nanda

I had ringworm infection and itching from many days. When I used Terbinafine cream and tablet along with Cefadroxil tablet for 20 to 30 days, the ringworm and itching totally disappeared. But after a month, it started automatically. What to do?

#

I can see your ringworm infection has reoccurred. There might be some sources from which you are acquiring the infection.There are few minor precautions which you need to take as follows.

1. Do not share clothing, sports gear, towels, or sheets. If you think you have been exposed to ringworm, wash your clothes in hot water with special antifungal soap.
  2. Wear slippers or sandals in locker rooms and public bathing areas.
  3. Shower and shampoo well after any sport that includes skin-to-skin contact.
  4. Wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Change your socks and underwear at least once a day.
  5. Keep your skin clean and dry. Always dry yourself completely after showers, drying your feet last.
  6. If you have athlete's foot, wear your socks before your underwear so that fungi do not spread from your feet to your groin.
  7. Take your pet to the vet if it has patches of missing hair, which could be a sign of a fungal infection.

For more information consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician

|