Q. I have ringworm infection in scrotum with burning sensation. Please help.

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

I am 47 years old. My height is 5.6 feet, and I weigh about 65 kg. I am suffering from ringworm for the past six months in my groin area. Due to lockdown, I could not visit any hospital for treatment. With my friend's help, I took Terbinafine 250 mg for six weeks and applied Itraconazole cream. I almost cured, but now it again came back. Now I have a burning sensation on both sides of the scrotum. It is a little red color with a thick skin appearance. It happened last time when I was studying in college. I applied Fourderm cream and got cured. Now I have a ringworm infection on the scrotum. Please advice me with good medication.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from ringworm for the last six months. You have recently developed a little red-colored thick skin appearance with a burning sensation on both sides of the scrotum.

According to the pictures provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you may suffer from fungal infection on both sides of the scrotum. So you can use antifungal cream along with steroid cream for a burning sensation there. Keep the affected area dry.

You can use the medications as follows:

Tablet Terbinafine 250 mg 1+0+0 for six weeks, Itraconazole cream apply locally on your affected area two to three times daily until fully eradicated.

Apply Fourderm cream locally on your affected area two times daily until fully eradicated.

By using medications, you can get rid of your ringworm and your fungal infection on both sides of the scrotum.

|