Q. I have ringworm infection in the groin. Kindly suggest Ayurveda medicine.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

I have chronic fungal ringworm infection in the groin region. Please suggest some Ayurveda medicine.

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

#

Ringworm is a skin disease fungal infection. Mostly occurs in wetty areas. Its common symptoms are red skin rash that forms a ring-like structure. That is the area with itching and dryness.

Infection of tinea group of fungus.

Generally not recommended.

Scabies.

1. Gandhaka Rasayana one tablet thrice a day after meals.
2. Sinduradi lep- Apply externally three times a day.

Keep the affected area clean and dry. Wear cotton undergarments.

| 

What is the red wound present on my thighs? How to control it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have red wounds growing on my thighs. I used a Candid B cream over it. It gets reduced, and it starts in another place. Please give me a solution.  Read Full »

Itching and Scabies

Article Overview: Itching is an unpleasant sensation, where an individual has a desire to scratch his or her body. Read Article

Dr. Rabia

What Is Itching? Itching is an unpleasant sensation, where an individual has a desire to scratch his or her body. Itching can be caused due to many reasons. We divide itching into two types depending upon the duration, acute and chronic. What Are the Types of Itching? Acute Itching Acute itching...  Read Article

The Manifestation of Ringworm Infection and Its Treatment

Article Overview: I would like to ward off the most common misunderstanding among many people and that is ringworm is not an infection caused by any worm. Ringworm lesions are the most common and also one of the cosmetically annoying fungal lesions. To get to know the ringworm well, we need to go through the basics of it. Read Article

Dr. Narendra

Ringworm is a fungal infection, which is called tinea in medical terms. Ringworm, as the name suggests, is the name derived from the pattern of the lesion that develops in this disease. There is a ring-like lesion at one or more sites over the body. The sites could be anywhere in the body like scalp...  Read Article

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now