Q. Does this root canal treated tooth of mine require a post?

Dr. Naveen Thomas
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 03, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2020

Could you please review the attached photos and x-ray taken before treatment, post root canal and post temporary filing. Please let me know whether a post is required. Or is core filling with crown sufficient?

#

• By looking at your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that there is an adequate original tooth structure for placement of crown without a post.
  • I would say it is up to you to decide, as the tooth in the current condition has enough strength to place a crown without post if the tooth preparation (cutting the tooth from all sides to place a crown) is done properly and minimally.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|