I had a route canal treatment done yesterday on my two lower incisors. The pain from the tooth has gone. However, the area where the infection was observed is still sensitive to pressure. I have not taken many pain killers because the pain has not been that bad. But my surrounding teeth are sensitive still. Is this normal? Will the infection subside? And will I require antibiotics?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. The pain you have after root canal treatment is because when you bite, there is a pressure distributed over the teeth and taken up by the tooth supporting structures around which is a sort of new irritation.
2. The sensitivity is a normal scenario after cleaning of gums & teeth, and you will automatically recover in a week.
3. You have mentioned that you are diagnosed with bruxism, hence relieving the bite(correction of the tooth surface so that it doesn't hit the upper when bitten) has to be done by the dentist.3. Or a nightguard covering all surfaces of the lower teeth has to be customized for you to wear(management for bruxism).
4. Either of these things will help you get rid of the pain.
5. The X-ray pretty much shows no infection down the roots, so you need not bother about taking antibiotics.
6. I advise you to visit your dentist for further follow-ups to ensure the tooth is surviving well with the fillings inside the root canal as well as over the tooth surface.
Management of bruxism with night guard appliance.Preventive measures:
Do not bite hard foods like apple,guava,corn with the front teeth.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 2 years and 5 months old and he had a brain surgery two months ago to extract a brain tumor. It was an anaplastic ependymoma on his fourth ventricle. After brain surgery, his awareness was low and he was on a ventilator for 50 days. He is doing well know, but ou... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, My 3.5 years old daughter's upper front four teeth have decayed very badly and our dentist has advised on either root canal treatment or taking them out. Which treatment is best suited overall for my daughter? Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, While looking at my teeth the other day, I noticed what looked like cracks in my molar teeth (2nd from the back) on either side. Recently, I went to the dentist for a cleaning and also was complaining about sensitive teeth to both hot and cold. On both these teeth, I have a bit of ... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dentist Now