Q. Why is there pain in opposite tooth after root canal treatment?

Dr. Nupur Prashant Shah
Published on Jun 10, 2019

I did a root canal before a couple of days. But I have pain in the exact upper tooth of the root canaled tooth. I have attached the X-ray after the first sitting of the root canal. Please suggest.

#

I can understand your concern regarding dental health. In this condition, it will take time to have healing of the ligament and tissue at the end of the root of the root canaled tooth as it was previously affected by the infection. So do not worry and take antibiotics and analgesics prescribed by your dentist. If the pain persists even after all these, then go for check up with a radiographic investigation of the same tooth.

Can calcium hydroxide cause toothache while root canal treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a crown in one of my teeth on the lower left bottom. The crown came off. I went to the dentist who suggested root canal even when I did not have any problem. The root canal was completed and the crown was placed. After a few days, my teeth used to pain only on consuming hot wate...  Read Full »

My teeth still pain after a fluoride varnish. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had gone to a dentist. He applied fluoride varnish paste on my teeth saying that the cavities are very small. But my teeth are still paining. What to do?  Read Full »

Can root canal treatment help reduce swelling around infected teeth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have placed caps in my two teeth. Now, I got swelling around the teeth. X-ray has been taken. The doctor told me that there is some infection in the teeth, so it needs a root canal to be done. I do not have any pain in the teeth. I have only swelling in the teeth. Please suggest what to...  Read Full »