Common "Root Canal Treatment" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Root Canal Treatment

Root canal treatment is done to save a tooth that is severely decayed or infected. In this procedure, nerves and blood vessels present in the pulp of the tooth are removed, and the pulp chamber is filled with a biocompatible material.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Does lingering tooth pain indicate pulp infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lingering toothache in the lower left central incisor. Are there any problems with the pulp of that tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Please be calm. Thanks for the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). See, it seems to be internal resorption in one of your teeth that is left central incisor. The teeth are showing dilaceration also. I suggest you get RCT (Root canal treatment) d...  Read Full »

Why is my root canal treated tooth sensitive to hot water?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a pulp infection and went for root canal treatment for a lower left side tooth before three to four days. The procedure was done well and the pain in my tooth is all gone. However, since yesterday the root canal treated tooth became sensitive to hot water though I did not have this ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to There is always a post-operative sensitivity after an RCT (Root canal treatment). There are many reasons for that, including a post-operative infection, trauma during eating, or dislodgement of temporary restoration, and the most probable being a biting pressure. I w...  Read Full »

I have severe pain on the tooth after re-fixing the crown that fell off. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I had got a root canal done, and a crown was placed on the tooth. The crown had fallen off, so when I took the crown to the dentist to fix it, they took an X-ray of the tooth (the X-ray is attached below) and said that the tooth is infected again and needed a root canal again. Can the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I had gone through the reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). The tooth can be infected even again after the root canal as there is blood supply in the periodontal ligament. In the X-ray, the distal root of the tooth shows an infection, and ...  Read Full »

I have a burning sensation and pain around my eye and face after RCT. Will the pain persist?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past 2 to 3 weeks, I have had a burning sensation around my eyes and face. I have been diagnosed with irreversible pulpitis or pulp necrosis on my left side, first upper molar. I had a root canal done for the same before 72 hours, but still, my facial pain persists. I have bee...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. The medication prescribed is not a potent analgesic that is Panadol (Acetaminophen) and Ibuprofen. That is why the pain persists. Secondly, Carbamazepine (Tegretol) is given for trigeminal neuralgia and not for irreversible pulpitis. Wo...  Read Full »

My 11-year-old son got two different opinions about his dental issue. How to opt for the right one?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 11 years old. He got a dental checkup last week. I received two different opinions on his issue of what is showing on his X-rays. I am concerned about it. Kindly suggest.   Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please be calm. See as per my interpretation, there seems to be an additional canal in the molar which is either separated or isolated. I suggest you please have RVG (radiovisiography) or CBCT (cone beam computed tomography) of the molar for clarification.  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.