Q. How to clear grid mark pattern on face after Vbeam procedure?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I went to my licensed dermatologist, whom I have seen for ten years. I have done Vbeam for three to four years to my cheeks, chin, and nose. Unfortunately, my rosacea has worsened due to the face mask and pregnancy. So we decided to do the procedure again on my whole cheek. I got this procedure done last week. Then I experienced swelling and slight pinkness for two days after the procedure, and then the third day, my swelling went down significantly. Now, the concern is the grid mark patterns on my cheeks. I reached out to my doctor also sent her pictures. She said that because my skin is sensitive, it may take a bit to heal, and she also mentioned that it is not permanent. We are now on day five after the procedure, and I took Zertek to help with any remaining swelling. Please help.

Thank you

#

I have gone through your query and the attached picture (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity).

This grid pattern is an expected reaction of post-Vbeam. Also, pregnancy increases vasculature. Thus the reaction. However, you can be assured that this is temporary and will clear off by itself in a couple of weeks. I suggest you use good sunscreen throughout the daytime and avoid triggers such as sun exposure, facials, peels, or scrubs.

Thank you for the reply.

You have given us some fantastic news. So the redness will diminish? Do you suggest anything that I can take or do to help it heal?

#

I would suggest the following:

1) Use a gentle cleanser instead of using a harsh soap.

2) Apply sunscreen in the daytime, even if you are indoors.

3) Apply Moisturiser in the evenings to help replenish the barrier effect.

In very severe or persistent cases, we use a topical steroid to reduce the risk of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.

In your case, the redness would resolve with these measures.

|