Q. I have redness on face with large clogged pores. Kindly help.

Dr. Deepti Shukla

I have redness that never goes away and gets worse after using facewash, even after using moisturizer skin is still dry and flaky. My pores are large and clogged no matter how much I wash my face.

#

From the history, it seems either you have rosacea or contact dermatitis.

Rosacea is a condition in which red rashes occur over the cheek, nose, and forehead, which increases with sun exposure or on drinking hot fluid like coffee or tea. Contact dermatitis is a kind of allergy to any irritant like deodorant, perfume or any allergen.

Do you get burning or itching sensation on red rashes on sun exposure or drinking hot coffee or tea? Did you apply anything on the face or are you applying any cream or lotion on the face?

Please revert back with the answer to these questions so I can suggest proper treatment. Apply Aveeno moisturizer apply on face.

I do often get itching and burning with sun exposure and also gets worse when it is very humid.

#

It seems like you have rosacea. I am suggesting one tablet and one cream to apply.

Tablet Doxycycline 100 one tablet daily at night for two weeks, tablet Zinc sulfate 200 mg one tablet daily after breakfast for one month, and 1% Metronidazole gel apply daily at night for three weeks.

Use strict sun protection. Always apply sunscreen 30 minutes before going out and, if possible, repeat application every four hours.

Rosacea is a chronic condition, so with this treatment, it will resolve, but it has a tendency to recur so always follow sun protection.

Follow up in two weeks.

|