Rovamycin

Can Rovamycin forte be taken during pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 1 month pregnant. My doctor prescribed me Rovamycin forte as my rubella IgG came positive and IgM negative. Is it safe to take this medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. Rovamycin is for toxoplasmosis. What is the report of toxoplasma? Your rubella test IgG came positive and IgM came negative. So, you have immunity against rubella and do not need any treatment. By the way,¬†Rovamycin forte is safel...  Read Full »

How can the presence of toxoplasmosis be checked in pregnant woman and fetus?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 years old, and her weight is 49 kg. She is on Thyronorm 75 for past one year. We did some blood tests a year back as per our gynecologist's advice in view of positive ANA two years back which came normal in the same year. According to that, her IgG for antiphospholipid w...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Khurana

Family Physician, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, to rule out acute infection or re-infection there is a role of IgM avidity testing and once the toxoplasmosis IgM is negative and IgG titers are high, then IgG titer is repeated every four weeks.The rising titers are suggestive of active infection, and amniocent...  Read Full »