Q. Can I plan a pregnancy if I am rubella IgG positive?

Dr. Richa Agarwal
Published on Aug 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am rubella IgG positive 118.90 IU/mL and cytomegalovirus positive 8.87 IU/mL. What does it mean? Can I plan to get pregnant now?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I have read your query and understand your concern.

• It means that you are either immune, vaccinated or had a recent infection.
  • To rule out a recent infection, you have to repeat the titer after one week. If it does not increase, you can plan for pregnancy.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask for more information.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for the reply. What is the difference between TORCH and titer test?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• TORCH test is used to rule out a viral infection during pregnancy. But, a titer is used to see the antibody levels. 

Hope this was useful. Feel free to ask for more information. Good luck.

Kindly find the attached reports. Can I plan for pregnancy after a month?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• I have seen your concerns about your problem and understood it. Your reports are normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and you can try for pregnancy. Good luck.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Do I need to take any medication? My husband's sperm count is 60 million/ml, and motility is 50 percent. Around 80 percentage is in regular shape. Does he need to take any medicine? Please let me know.

Dr. Richa Agarwal

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• There is no need for any medications, but you can take Folic acid and your husband can take Coenzyme Q.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »

Would viral infection affect the lymphocyte and neutrophil values?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a viral infection last week. Is it normal to have increased lymphocyte levels of 52 % and decreased neutrophil levels of 35 % after having a viral infection? It got healed within a week. I was fine when I did my blood test. My RBC and WBC are considered to be normal. As I have anemi...  Read Full »

We had a TORCH test after miscarriage. Can you explain the reports?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife was pregnant last year, but a miscarriage occurred. We consulted our gynecologist and he suggested we have a TORCH test. The result of TORCH was rubella IgG 270.30 and IgM 0.42, and CMV IgG 118.60 and IgM 0.26. We are unable to understand the report. Is this hike in the valu...  Read Full »