Rutoside Trihydrate

Can calcium deficiency cause knee pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I have been feeling pain in my left knee when I sit on the ground. When I get up it takes two minutes for the left knee to get normal and function without pain. I got a massage, but that did not work. Instead, my back started hurting slightly after that. Please advis...  Read Full »

Dr. Biswajit Das

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, this is not a calcium deficiency. Probably, it is prepatellar bursitis. The symptoms of calcium deficiency will not be confined to one knee and it is unusual in young persons. For further information consult an orthopaedician and traumatologist online --> https://w...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms described by you match the presentations of globus pharyngeus or laryngopharyngeal reflux. Laryngopharyngeal reflux, like the one that occurs at the stomach-esophageal junction, occurs in the region of the neck due to the presence of some acid producing ...  Read Full »

I have sore throat and lost my voice for about a month. How to get that treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old. Over four weeks ago, I started getting a sore throat and lost my voice for about a month now. I have a sore neck like something is grabbing it. My voice has been sore if I try and talk. I have mucus coming up, which is white colored with some blood. I am on Penicillin V...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I would suggest you take a swab of the throat mucus and ascertain the organism that is growing and producing the symptoms.The sensitivity pattern will reveal whether the organism is responding to the antibiotic being taken.To help lighten the mucus and remove it, I sugge...  Read Full »