S-adenosyl Methionine

Will 5-HTPn help to increase serotonin level? Suffering from sleeping problem, depression and anxieties.

Query: Dear Doctor, I have a problem of sleeping at a scheduled time. I always sleep in a different time and it is getting delayed every day, like a cycle. For example: If today I sleep at 9:00 pm, in few days I will be sleeping at 10:00 pm. And in a few weeks, I would sleep at 4:00 AM. I also have depress...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashish Khandelwal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Yes. There is relation between low serotonin level and depression and anxiety. What is more important is how significant symptoms of these problem you have, how much are you distressed from these and whether they cause interference in your daily life (socio occupational de...  Read Full »

Can you recommend natural supplements to help treat depression?

Query: Hello doctor, My 17-year-old son is mildly depressed. This is not a surprise since I have been suffering with depression for 40 years. Can you recommend natural supplements that he could take to boost his mood and energy?  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are different supplements or natural products used in the management of depression. S-Adenosyl-methionine (SAM) is a metabolite of Amino acids which has mood elevation property and can be used in 200 to 1600 mg per day in divided doses. 5-Hydr...  Read Full »

Are Nusam 400 and Ursodox Plus appropriate for fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, As per my latest liver function test, SGOT is 45.05, SGPT is 55.17 and serum albumin is 3.43. All other parameters are in the normal range. For kidney function test, the urine sample is protein positive. All other parameters are in the normal range. For the last two-three months, I ha...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. To help you better, I need to know a few things: Why was the test performed? Any symptoms you have? Do you consume alcohol? Have you got your ultrasound done? Revert with the asked details for a better help. Revert with more information to a medical gastro...  Read Full »